<!–– ******************************** ****************************** --%>
ਸਾਬਕਾ-ਵਿਦਿਆਰਥੀ ਸਭਾ (Alumni Association)
About Punjabi University Alumni Association
Through the establishment of the Punjabi University Alumni Association, Punjabi University is heading towards the fulfillment of its sacred duty to provide a platform which is very essential and aims at multi-dimensional objectives. Punjabi University always feels proud of its entire alumni who, after gaining education and knowledge from here, have achieved glorious heights in different fields; have earned great name in home and abroad and have set beautiful landmarks of human ideals. Each alumni holds an immensely rich treasure of the sweet and sour experience of the student days. The happy memorable moments of the genuine feelings of the time spent with the classmates and friends; the bonds built with the teachers during the exchange of knowledge and the decisive turns of the challenges and the dreams woven in the colorful environment of the University, which enlightens caresses and kindles a yearning in each and every happy or sad moment of the ongoing life. It is mainly from such noble bonds of souls that life gets its real and complete meaning. Otherwise all steps of successes and failures; professional hazards and achievements; worldly rat' race and bewitching dreams and desires for pure relationships make every sensitive soul restless. In the deep-dark corners of each person's psyche, the pleasant images of his/her precious moments and emotional response lie dormant but these are greatly cherished. Poet Surjit Pattar has worded the glory of such moments in this poetic utterance:
"Let us go Pattar and search the forgotten and lost places, Which are the spots where we have left the unwritten poems."
This University Campus has kept in custody hundreds of written and perhaps thousands of unwritten poems of each alumni. For celebrating the written ones and to compose the unwritten; to search the lost ones and to write the new ones like the rising Sun, the alumni association of your own University is knocking at your door. It is taking pride in remembering you and in sending an invitation. It is like the long-living tradition of Punjabi Culture in which all the married daughters, who have left their parental home after finding their husbands, visit and revisit their parental home and village during the Teej festival in the month of Saavan. This association provides a forum to revel in our entities, to share our attainments to call on our parental home and to repay our debt to this University by tightening the knot of emotional relations through larger societal activities.
In this initial step of the alumni, all of us and the Punjabi University especially shall feel highly obliged by the constructive co-operation, the valuable suggestions and befitting contribution of each old student.
Dr. Dalip Kaur Tiwana
Sh. Pami Bai, Singer
Aims and objects
- To foster a spirit of brotherhood and comradeship amongst the alumni of the University
- To arrange and collect funds for the development of the University.
- To arrange social and cultural functions.
- To further the interests of the Punjabi University, Patiala in general.
- To provide a forum for the alumni of the University for exchange of ideas and views on educational, cultural, social and academic problems of the day.
- To publish literature, papers and journals for the fulfillment of the objects of the Association.
- To look after the interest of the alumni of the University.
- To open branches of the Association.
- To do all other acts in furtherance of the objects of the association.
- Dr. Gurvinder Singh Dhaliwal , coordinator of Punjabi University Alumni Association, British Columbia Chapter, Canada.
- S. Dhanwant Singh, Coordinator of Punjabi University Alumni Association, Admoton Chapter, Canada.
- S. Manjinder Pal Singh Coordinator of Punjabi University Alumni Association, Winnipeg Chapter, Canada
- S. Ajaib Singh and S. Paramjit Singh Gill Coordinator of Punjabi University Alumni Association, Ontario Chapter Canada
Duties and Functions of Office Bearers
- The Chief Patron shall preside over the meetings of the Association, the meetings of the Executive Council and all other functions that may be organised by the Association.
- The Chief Patron shall be the custodian of the property and interests of the Association.
- He shall call special meetings of the Executive Council/General Body of the Association if a written requisition signed by at least 7 members in case of Executive Council and 30 members in case of the Association is presented to him.Â
PRESIDENT /SENEIOR VICE-PRESIDENT
- The president shall perform the duties and functions of the Chief Patron in his absence. The Senior Vice-President shall perform the duties and function of the President in his absence.
- President/Senior Vice-President shall perform such other duties and functions as may be entrusted to him by the Chief Patron or the Executive Council.
- He will be the custodian of all the records and documents of the Association.
- He will be responsible for the safe custody of the funds of the Association and will operate bank accounts jointly with either Secretary or Joint-Secretary-cum- treasurer on behalf of the Association.
- He will call and arrange meetings of the Executive Council and the Association.
- He will record the minutes of the meetings of the Executive Council and the Association.
- He will represent the Association in all legal proceedings and sign all legal documents on behalf of the Association.
- He will maintain an up-to-date register of members and of all subscriptions and donations.
- He will maintain a property register and all such registers as may be necessary in connection with the work of the Association.
- He will assist General Secretary in the administrative matters
- He will also assist General Secretary in conducting activities of the Association.
- He will assist the General Secretary in the discharge of his duties and functions regarding finances/accounts of the Association.
- He will perform such other duties and functions as may be entrusted to him by the Executive Council.
The following categories of persons shall be entitled to be enrolled as members of the Association:
- Persons who have graduated from Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Persons who have done Post Graduate Degree, M.Phil., M.Litt., Ph.D. from Punjabi University, Patiala.
- Persons who have obtained diploma of at least one year duration after graduation.
- Members of the teaching staff of the University or of its affiliated colleges even though they may not be graduates of this University.
- Graduates of other Universities (Indian or Foreign) on whom membership is conferred by the Executive Council of the Association.
- Persons registered as students with Punjabi University, Patiala.
Note : All Former Vice-Chancellors and former Registrars will be members of the Association.
CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS
There will be the following categories of members
- Donor Members
- Life Members
- Ordinary Members
- Honorary Members
SUBSCRIPTION FOR MEMBERSHIP
- A person may become a patron of this Association by donating a sum of at least of Rs. 50,000/- or moreÂ (NRI/Overseas : US$ 10,000 or equivalent with approval of the Chief Patron)
- Donor Member: by donating Rs. 20,000/- or more (NRI/Overseas : US$ 4000 or equivalent)
- Life Member: Rs. 1000/- (NRI/Overseas : US$ 100 or equivalent).
- Ordinary Member: Rs. 100 per annum (financial year basis).
- Honorary Member: On whom Membership is conferred by the Association.
The following shall be the office bearers of the Association
- Chief Patron (Vice-Chancellor - Ex-officio)
- Senior Vice-President/Vice-President
- General Secretary (Dean, Alumni Relations - Ex - officio)
- Joint Secretary-cum-Treasurer (Finance Officer Punjabi University, Patiala - Ex-officio)
Image Gallery (Functions):
Image Gallery (Department):
Image Gallery (News):
<!–– ************************* Contact Us ****************************** --%>
Punjabi University Patiala-147002